The candidate will come into the company as a member of the Development department and report to the Payments/Integrations Squad Leader.
The role will work within the IT Team and company-wide to provide information using Java and Golang.
The Full Stack Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing new financial solutions using Java, Golang, and AWS services.
- Being responsible for integrating, extending, and expanding Inswitch´s products and services to support merchants and their customers in Latin America.
- Helping define and measure the quality of our products in the region.
- Designing, building, and maintaining APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems
- Debugging production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Creating user interfaces on top of complex underlying systems such as payment acceptance and money movement infrastructure.
- Improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes across the company
What You Need To Have
- 4+ years of development experience, building, running, and debugging applications using modern technologies.
- A strong technical background, including experience as a generalist working on the backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Experience creating and improving APIs
- Believe that the mission of building financial infrastructure for Latin America is worth pursuing, and are motivated by reducing the complexity of the existing landscape.
- Are comfortable with goals that are ambiguous, and can help drive them towards clarity.
- Are excited by the impact you create as much as how you achieve it.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders, subject-matter experts, and cross-functional teams.
Nice to have but not mandatory
- Experience in the fintech industry
- Experience with the Erlang programming language
- Frontend experience
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Inswitch has +50 live deployments in more than 40 countries globally, and we're just getting started.
- Our clients include telcos, banks, lenders, retailers, gig economy platforms, marketplaces, e-commerce.
- We understand nothing ensures our customers' success more than a happy team, so Inswitch is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do.
- Inswitch proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better.
- If you are thrilled by the opportunity to join our team on its unique mission - we need to talk and will be excited to hear from you!